Friday, February 2, 2007

This Gorgeous City


These are from some of the exploring we did,...not knowing where we were going, and just walking in whatever direction we wanted to. The first picture is actually taken from the tube station, cause we'd decided we wanted to make sure it wasn't too complicated. We ended up walking out of the tube station to see that. The second is in Piccadilly circus, which ended up being not far from where we live... about a thirty minute walk.

Farther down is Trafalgar square. This is it. Crazy busy area, but we got to it for the first time with relatively few people walking around. I really think it's beautiful.
From left to right is ... Elizabeth (Liz), Phylisha, and Heather. Liz is one of the girls that I share a room with. Heather and Phylisha are in the room next to ours.


The pictures below are of Buckingham Palace (if you were wondering). I'm not sure how we found it, but the words "that building looks important" were said while we were still a long way off, and we decided to head towards it.
Oops. If we'd thought about it harder, we might have known before we got there what it was,...
mostly because the huge gates at the beginning of the road that stretched on for miles, leading to the one "important looking building". Oh well, it's pretty funny...and we got to see Buckingham Palace.

I did get one of this solitary open gate without the little girl in it,...but her expression had made me laugh at the time, and I decided this was better. She was being goofy for her moms sake, and I happened to snap the picture while she was still doing it. It made me smile.
From there we walked to Big Ben. By this point my cameras batteries were dying, and it also was giving me grief over taking anything clear...but I got some cool blurry pictures of Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament.
I took allot, but these are just the ones I really just randomly picked. It's a beautiful place...especially at night when everything is lit up...I just wish my camera hadn't been giving me struggles.
This is crossing the bridge back to the side of the river we had come from after eating at a little Mediterranean restaurant. the reflections in the Thames are amazing.


This might not seem like much, but we did all of this in one day! We've been back to most of these places pretty often already, and I'm hoping to get some time and walk back down to Big Ben and take some real pictures.
Anyway I'll keep trying to get you all updated, but for now you'll just have to be patient.
If you really need to find out what I'm doing, ask my boyfriend... he's pretty up to date on what's going on over here.
Ryan is working on the last parts of his script...cheers for Ryan. YAY! If you haven't talked to him recently though it's probably because he's a crazy man and is at work all the time! He's a totally handsome guy, and even though I'm having a great time... I miss him.

No comments: